Sider

Monday, May 10, 2010

Perfect ten!


It's been such a long time since I've baked anything that I'd completely forgotten how it feels when the oven starts smelling good and you open and there's something hot and freshly baked...I eat almost only raw for a combination of reasons, and gluten free baking is just not really my thing at all - I'm always disappointed by the taste anyway, or I will eat something baked to blend in socially and then end up throwing the rest away after a while. And I obviously hate throwing out food for a magnitude of reasons as well.


Not this time! They may not be perfect, but ten muffins just came out of the oven and I can tell this is a keeper. Definitely not something I'll make often, but just to stir things up food-wise once in a while...I can tell they will be the perfect mid-morning snack for work next week. The original recipe is Almond Chiaseed Protein Muffins from Meals and Moves, which I came across via Averie's blog. I am gluten free as well as free from just about anything but rice and buckwheat, so I tweaked the recipe - plus, I have an old scale and I have no idea how much 15 g or "2 scoops" is. I'll post my version next time a round - it still needs some adjustment to really work.

No comments:

Post a Comment