Sider

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Earning My Wings


Coming up on my fiftieth post I want to award myself a pair of initial foodie-wings for winging it successfully through two of my staples: granola and crackers. I successfully combined some of the recipes I regularly use to make improvised versions of both things - I ended up with a vanilla, coconut and walnut granola reminiscent of both vanilla crunch granola from Sweetly Raw and this gluten free granola recipe from Elanas Pantry. My crackers ended up as a kind of combination of my new fave the lucky hemp bread from Choosing Raw, and pumpkin seed crackers from Rawmazing, which is as close as it gets to a golden oldie when it comes to my raw cooking. I'm flying in da kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. glad the "quizzing" thing resonated with you regarding kids. yeah, not a fan of putting a kid on the spot like that. nothing good can come :)

    your crackers sound great! and i have wanted to make Gena's bread for some time now but havent had the opportunity to just do it :)

    ReplyDelete